Go All In with the Award-Winning Utica Community Schools
At UCS, we go all in for every student’s success at every stage of their educational journey. With a large portfolio of unique programs and services, the UCS school district is recognized for excellence in innovation, dedicated and committed staff, community partnerships, and providing choices to meet each child’s interests and goals.
Whatever path your child may take — whether it's academic, athletic, artistic, or career and technical fields — the UCS school district has the most choices that go all in for educational excellence at every stage of their K-12 educational journey.
Unique programs create the UCS advantage
UCS provides a large portfolio of choices that allow families to choose programs that best meet their child’s unique needs and options to achieve greatness.
Blended Learning Early Elementary
The district’s early elementary program is a national model that allows students to build a strong foundation in learning. Dedicated UCS teachers work with students to build skills that respect their pace of learning and interests. Students in the blended learning model have achieved academic success at rates that outpace their peers.
Nationally Recognized Music Education
Our district is regularly recognized as among the nation’s best for music education. The designation is awarded to districts that demonstrate outstanding achievement to provide music access and education to all students.
The Most AP Programs in Michigan
The College Board's Advanced Placement Program (AP) offers college-level study in a wide range of subjects and allows students to earn college credit based on their scores on an end-of-course AP exam. AP courses stress deep learning, critical thinking, and the application of knowledge.
These academic excellence options are regularly recognized at the state and national levels.
Comprehensive Career and Technical Education
Utica Community Schools works closely with businesses and industries to give students an advantage when it comes to the high-paying jobs of the future. Our district has international leaders in defense, technology, and health care right in its backyard. We work closely with those industries to provide comprehensive Career and Technical Education offerings that directly meet the needs of businesses for graduates who understand systems, work in groups, and solve problems.
The Utica Center for Science and Industry allows students to pursue interests in engineering, multimedia production, or mechatronics (advanced robotics).
The Stevenson Center for Manufacturing, Automation, and Design Engineering is a program designed with business leaders to give students a competitive edge for future high-paying jobs.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) challenges students to think critically and make relevant real-world connections with their learning. We are committed to providing students with these instructional choices to refine their employability skills further and help them identify a rewarding career.
Achievement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a national program offered by UCS that supports students via a research-based college readiness system.
UCS is the first district in Michigan to partner with Code.org for professional development resources to integrate coding lessons in elementary media centers and expand courses for secondary students.
The Utica Center for Mathematics, Science and Technology (UCMST)
UCMST is designed for students who have an interest in rigorous mathematics, science, computer science, and curriculum integrated technology. The program was established in 1996. UCS is an active member of the National Consortium for Specialized Secondary Schools of Mathematics, Science, and Technology. The program comprises students from the four Utica district high schools: Eisenhower, Henry Ford II, Stevenson, and Utica.
UCS high schools have all been recognized as among the nation’s best.
— US NEWS & WORLD REPORT
Dear New UCS Parent:
Welcome to the Utica Community Schools family!
We are pleased to welcome you to a community that is defined by its commitment to educational excellence. Our district has a clear mission, vision, and direction that will allow your child to grow, recognize their full potential, and be prepared for successful postsecondary experiences once they receive a nationally recognized diploma from Utica Community Schools.
Our UCS administrators, teachers, and support staff know that high expectations are vital for student success. Our students and staff strive for excellence in the classroom, within the arts, and through athletics.
In Utica Community Schools, we celebrate:
- Student achievement levels that outpace local, state, and national averages
- A graduation rate that is among the best in the nation and 14 points higher than the state average
- Programs and services that are regularly recognized for excellence at the state and national levels
- A district recognized for its responsible financial management and commitment to ensuring resources directly support our educational mission
In Utica Community Schools, we believe that strong partnerships produce great results. Student success is strengthened by a positive relationship between the home and school. We encourage you to be involved in your child's education through volunteer opportunities across the district or within your child's school.
If you need additional information regarding your child's education, I encourage you to talk directly to your child's teachers or school principal. If you have questions or concerns, or you want to share positive stories regarding your child's experience, please feel free to call my office at any time at (586) 797-1100.
Welcome again to your new UCS family.
Robert S. Monroe
- UCS has become a national leader in educational technology by providing digital tools and content that increase student achievement.
- UCS gives students a competitive edge for future jobs through partnerships with business and industry to provide real-world experiences.
- UCS attained the highest level of assurance from independent auditors for 14 years straight.
- UCS created a home-school partnership that fosters development of digital citizenship skills, empowering students to be effective technology users while promoting safety and responsibility.
- UCS, through a partnership with local communities and the Suburban Library Cooperative, is offering all students digital access to no-cost resources through their local libraries.
- UCS has a proven track record of responsible management of taxpayer funds and dedication to educational excellence.
- UCS is nationally recognized for comprehensive annual financial reporting.
- UCS has one of the lowest total millage rates among Macomb County school districts.
- Voters in November, 2018 approved a $155 million bond issue that addresses three key areas: safety, technology, and improvements identified through the district's long-range facility improvement program.
“Going to an out-of-state school, you really meet a lot of different people from different backgrounds, and I found that I was very far above some of the other students just based on what I learned in high school.”
“I knew that my education from UCS would allow me to become another UCS success story.”
Danielle MaxwellChemistry Doctoral Student
University of Michigan
“I think a Utica Community Schools diploma means much more than what the student may understand at the time they receive it…My education has been second to none…My UCS education has been more than a gift because it has taken me to where I am today.”
Lorenzo SantaviccaTwo-time MSU Study Body President
Policy Specialist, Legal Investigations – Google, Inc.
“With the AP programs offered in UCS, I actually came into college with 56 credits. This allowed me to study abroad as well as get a minor.”
Nicole BlackPhD Student in Engineering Sciences
We Look Forward to Welcoming You to Our Schools
Thank you for your interest in Utica Community Schools! Please complete the form below and we will reach out to you to answer any questions you may have about our district and the Schools of Choice process.